Diet tip, avoid these 5 foods in your 30s for weight loss and good health
Once you are in your 30s, you will notice that weight loss becomes a tad more difficult, and everything you eat goes straight to your waist. It becomes difficult to stay healthy and fit and your body is hinting that the carefree attitude of your 20s may not work any longer. But take heart, eliminating some foods in your diet could do the trick and help you achieve your weight and fitness goals with ease.
Also read: 8 exercises recommended by experts for weight loss, getting fit and lean
Here are the foods to avoid:
* Chips: Salted foods, such as chips and fries, raise sodium levels which can, in turn, increase your blood pressure as well as cause dehydration and skin sagging. Other sources of sodium are canned soup which contains almost 40% of your daily sodium intake, instead make some homemade soup for yourself.
* Cola: Colas are loaded with sugar (the diet versions have harmful artificial sweeteners) , as well as unhealthy dyes. It can affect your ovulation and sperm motility, and reduce fertility. Instead opt for fruit-infused water or lemon water.
* White bread: Refined carbohydrates are converted by the body into sugar and glucose, which breaks down collagen and proteins and can cause wrinkles. Opt for whole grains instead of white bread which will help you keep your blood sugar levels in check and maintain your weight.
* Alcohol: With age, your body metabolism tends to suffer. Hangovers become more severe and there is lower tolerance for alcohol. It can also affect your sleep patterns, add wrinkles to your skin, and cause weight gain.
* Biscuits: Biscuits are loaded with empty calories and just serve to cause weight gain. While you can easily process such foods in your 20s, in your 30s it may seem tougher especially as you have to exercise more to lose the same amount of weight.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 16, 2018 08:59 IST
Source: Read Full Article