Our skin is irritated constantly, responding inevitably to this: redness or small pimples are the result. This not only looks unsightly, but can also burning and itching. Especially if the skin on a hot day with salt or chlorinated water comes in contact with. So then, if we go in the outdoor pool or at the sea-bathing – which can happen in the summer months quite frequently. The question of how the annoying razor burn can be avoided entirely, and without the need for daily shaving of the legs, under the arms or in the pubic area or the bikini zone do without? We give you the best tips and home remedies, such as skin irritation and relieve can avoid.
What is razor burn?
Many women believe that they tend primarily due to your dry or sensitive skin to razor burn. But this is a misconception: In most cases, the wrong shaving technique is to blame, that the skin reddened to the shaved Bodies, swollen or irritated responds. This can even go so far that the hair ignite roots – in the case, the pain persists for several days. However, in the first place so far must only be a few points observed in order to avoid razor burn. What the are, you will learn in the next paragraph.
So, you can prevent razor burn
1. Even if it is sometimes faster to go: you Shave your skin is never dry or just with water! Instead use always use a special shaving gel for women – the extra layer of protection ensures that your skin is less stressed is. In addition, the razor glides much easier over the affected areas. Alternatively, you can also use an ordinary shower gel, coconut oil or even use your hair conditioner to Shave use. The latter makes the hairs softer, even on the legs.
2. The razor blades should always be sharp and clean, especially sensitive skin on dirty Blades (including dead skin, dandruff and removed hairs) is not responding. Apart from that small cuts can ignite quickly. The more important it is to clean the Blades properly and regularly to exchange – just a smooth shave is possible. Are the Blades dull, you need more pressure to the skin. This they irritate the affected areas and promote more thus also the pesky razor burn.
Our tip: Use a ladies razor, the at least four Blades has.
3. Many women shave the little hair stubble against the direction of growth from, it would be to shave along the growth direction , especially in the genital area better for your skin. Because the hairs are ripped up before they are shaved off, the skin is irritated even more. For women, especially for those with heavy hair growth – it is therefore advisable to the desired regions of the body beginning with the hair growth to shave. Doing so will prevent not only skin irritation, but ingrown hairs are easier to remove.
If you are prone to dry skin, you must apply lotion regularly
4. The right skin care is also very important to have razor-burn to avoid. In particular, if you have dry skin tend to need sufficient moisture to be supplied: Use in the shower is a nourishing shower gel (for example, including shaving foam), choose a razor with gel pads and creams the shaved areas of the body after showering with a Lotion. By shaving, your skin is deprived of moisture, so they dry out quickly and shaving can cause a fire.
Our tip: Use it for the genital area in a special care spray, to shaving brand to avoid.
5. Before Shaving it can certainly help if you your skin with a body scrub to undergo. Thereby remove dead skin cells and impurities, allowing the razor to more easily glide over the skin can and “only” those pesky hairs to shave off must. Alternatively, you can also use a special exfoliating glove to use. In both cases, you should first warm showers – the heat will open the pores and also the hair softer, so you better removed and razor burn are avoided can.
So treat razor burn correctly
If the skin is reddened after Shaving or small pimples appear, you need to act quickly. Proceed as follows:
Step 1: Cool the affected regions of the body with cold water or a Kühlpadyou before in a tea towel wrap. Due to the cold, the pores close again, opened by the warm shower before.
Step 2: Dry your body with a fresh towel, so that no germs or pathogens through the pores in the skin and the razor burn worse or further inflammation can cause.
Step 3: apply an Aftershave balm to the skin on the reddened areas to relieve. Make sure that the skin care product Aloe Vera or tea tree oil contain both of these ingredients have a calming effect.
Step 4: Before you go to sleep, you should see the irritated skin with an alcohol-free Lotion lotion to you with sufficient moisture to provide. Or you may wear a Wound and healing ointment to the affected areas as a thin layer to.
Step 5: Give your skin the time, of the hardships to recover. In clear text this means that you can shave in the next 24 hours, no further Changes. Even better two to three days, if you can ignore a couple of stubble.
Home remedies for razor burn
Honey has anti-inflammatory and soothing effect on the skin
In addition to the over-the-counter care products to avoid razor burn or alleviate, there are also a number of natural home remedies that help in skin irritation and in most of the house hold.
It is no secret that honey is an anti-inflammatory effect has. If you suffer from razor burn, you can swipe a bit on the irritated skin and 15 minutes to let it soak in. Then the honey is washed off simply with warm water gently with a clean, soft towel.
Also the chamomile is said to have a healing effect. The contained therein active ingredients Bisabolol, Apigenin, and Matricin soothe the skin and allows the razor burn relieve. This can be done with a few tea bags, pour them with water and leave them to cool before they are placed for five minutes on the affected parts of the body.
The active ingredient Zinkozid also has a baby powder , an anti-inflammatory effect. However, the majority of these products talcum powder, the cancer is supposed to be arousing. For this reason, you should only use a powder without this ingredient use, the razor burn (especially in the genital area) in order to quickly and effectively treat.
Not only sunburn, but also in the case of shaving brand Quark can be used to provide relief. It supplies the skin with moisture, soothes the itching and redness. You take a Cup of skimmed curd, apply it on the irritated areas, leave it for ten to 15 minutes and wash it with warm water carefully.
St. John’s wort oil
This Plant also has a healing effect: Take the flowers and put them in a little sunflower oil a – the Oil takes on the soothing active ingredients and can then, for ten minutes in a thin layer to the irritated skin to be distributed. Or you can pour it on a cotton ball and treat the razor burn selectively (e.g. in the genital area).
This article contains the so-called Affiliate Links. There is more information here.
More on the topic of